AngelNV Investor Conference
January 24, 2023 - April 29, 2023
Starting as an angel investor is easier than you might think. AngelNV connects angel investors with promising companies in our community while providing training to walk you through the process.
Already an experienced investor? You can benefit from our program and grow your portfolio through our process, too!
Do you want to learn how to invest as part of a community and make an impact? Register Below!
Who this program is for:
First-time angel investors and experienced investors who are interested in growing their portfolio by investing in startup businesses.
How the Angel NV
Investor Conference Works
AngelNV connects early-stage investors (angels) with entrepreneurs in the Nevada startup community. We provide potential angels the opportunity to learn how to invest together as part of a tight-knit community that is making lasting social and economic change. Angels meet new people, start a portfolio, and gain access to an experienced network. Our first-time investors grow to be part of the state-wide Nevada ecosystem, form their own investment funds/groups, and join other organizations like FundNV, Reno Seed Fund, Sierra Angels, and others.
The AngelNV Conference starts with a four-month-long Entrepreneur’s Track to prepare companies and provide sufficient deal flow. Those companies submit complete profiles for investor review beginning on January 24th. Investors will review 50+ applications and continue to narrow the field until the AngelNV Conference awards an investment on April 29, 2023. After multiple rounds of pitches and complete due diligence, a final winner will be selected by participating angels to receive the investment.
Earn your halo - Learn to be an Angel investor!
Register for the 2023 AngelNV Investor Conference
Meet a Nevada Angel
Jeff is a third-time angel for the inaugural AngelNV Conference. Jeff has been leading the effort for StartupNV throughout Nevada - with loads of help from former Vegas Valley Angels and a burgeoning startup ecosystem in Las Vegas. Investors like Jeff have gone on to form and become involved with FundNV, the Sierra Angels, and other investor groups.
StartupNV Lead | FundNV Investment Committee
There are two options to earn your halo as an AngelNV investor.
- $5,000 of unit cost is invested.
- The remaining $1,000 tax-deductible donation is billed separately by StartupNV (a 501c3 non-profit) and covers program operation costs, Nevada Blue Sky state fees, and fund set-up and administrative costs for the life of the fund (7 years).
- Additional units cost $5,000 (limit 4). No admin fees or donations on additional units.
- Active units have full voting rights - 1 vote per active unit. Four (4) votes max - even with five (5) or more units.
- An extra one-half voting unit is awarded to diligence team leaders and fund administrators for the additional work required.
- Investors domiciled outside of Nevada may incur additional Blue Sky fees for their states ($300 to $500 for most states.)
- Fees also include access to AngelNV Investing Bootcamp, ACA Membership, and two (2) finale event tickets.
$5,000 of unit cost is invested.
- The remaining $500 tax-deductible donation is billed separately by StartupNV (a 501c3 non-profit) and covers program operation costs, Nevada Blue Sky state fees, and fund set-up and administrative costs for the life of the fund (7 years).
- Additional passive units cost $5,000 (no limit). No admin fees or donations on additional units.
- Passive units have restricted voting rights. Voting rights may be upgraded to “active” with >50% session participation.
- Passive investors may attend boot-camp sessions as desired. Participation in group discussions may be restricted due to time constraints.
- Investors domiciled outside of Nevada may incur additional blue sky fees for their states ($300 to $500 for most states)
- Fees also include access to AngelNV Investing Bootcamp, ACA Membership, and one (1) finale event ticket.
Program Sessions & Dates
This Tentative Schedule assumes most meetings will occur on Tuesday evenings. A poll will be taken of the investors to confirm or change the weekly meeting days and times. All sessions will be offered in-person and online via a simultaneous, physical location linked, zoom session in our offices in Las Vegas and Reno. Attend in person in Las Vegas, or virtually via zoom. All weekly sessions are recorded and made available to all registered investors by an unlisted / private link on our YouTube Channel.
- Education Kickoff - Tuesday, January 24, 2023
- Intros, Team Assignments, Process Explanation, Gust Intro - Tuesday, January 31, 2023
- Initial Reviews, Team Meetings, Company Assignments - Tuesday, February 7, 2023
- Team Breakouts, Team Presentations, Company Reviews - Tuesday, February 14, 2023
- 3-Minute Pitches, Straw Poll, Vote Due by Friday - Tuesday, February 21, 2023
- Discussion and Top 12 Selection - Tuesday, February 28, 2023
- 10-Minute Pitches, Straw Poll, Vote Due by Friday - Tuesday, March 7, 2023
- Discussion and Finalist Selection, DD Team Assignments - Tuesday, March 14, 2023
- DD Team Findings & Reports - Tuesday, March 21, 2023
- DD Team Findings & Reports - Tuesday, March 28, 2023
- DD Team Findings & Reports - Tuesday, April 4, 2023
- DD Team Findings & Reports - Tuesday, April 11, 2023
- DD Team Findings & Reports - Tuesday, April 18, 2023
- DD Reports Due by Noon - Monday, April 24, 2023
- DD Discussion and Straw Poll - Tuesday, April 25, 2023
- Finale Event - Saturday, April 29, 2023
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Our mission is to attract, educate, and grow scalable Nevada startups.
StartUpNV is a Nevada 501(c)3 organization focused on entrepreneurship, economic development, and diversity across the state. We offer programs aimed at supporting early-stage entrepreneurs including, a business incubator, pre-seed startup accelerator, and early-stage venture fund. The funds associated with StartUpNV are some of the most active funds in the state, investing in Nevada-based startups.
StartUpNV is Nevada's statewide business Incubator and Accelerator. FundNV, AngelNV, 1864 Fund, IncubateNV, and Incubate Vegas are programs of StartUpNV. FundNV invests in accelerator member companies. AngelNV is a single special purpose vehicle for educating new angels to invest in Nevada startups. 1864 Fund is a seed fund that focuses on startups in Nevada and the Mountain West. IncubateNV and Incubate Vegas programs work with early stage companies, not yet ready for funding.